Jen and Brent had Lindsey, me and Karla over to carve pumpkins in their garage tonight. Upon arrival, the tables were set with paper – the pumpkin bread was sliced, yet still warm – and Stella the pup was fully charged and ready to devour every last pumpkin seed that slipped through our hands and onto the cement floor.
L to R: Brent, Chris (Me), Karla, Jen, Lindsey … and Stella below. | More pictures here.
I really like Lindsey’s pumpkin, which displays a “C & L” crest… pretty cool with the golf clubs and ball and tee. I thought about doing something equally meaningful, but opted for the demented weirdo pumpkin scheme instead.
Sports Illustrated lists the top nine scariest golf course names:
1. Purgatory Golf Club
2. The Devil’s Claw at Whirlwind
3. The Blue Monster at Doral
4. Hell’s Point Golf Club
5. Deep Cliff Golf Course
6. Shark River Golf Course
7. Devil’s Lake Golf Course
8. The Monster Course at Concord
9. Bigfoot Golf & Country Club
My thoughts on the list: Golf course names are, predictably, not that scary. How about these:
- Scariest shot: Long bunker shot with water behind the green.
- Scariest closing hole: Long par four with water right, perhaps.
- Scariest looking golf clubs: Cleveland VAS irons – the ones Corey Pavin used to play. I used them for several years.