Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged (to do it next). You have to tag the person who tagged you.
I was tagged into this meme via Facebook. Here are 25 random things about me:
1. I recently purchased a miniature grappling hook for my key chain.
2. My favorite television show of all time is The West Wing.
3. I’ve recently been reminded of an old nickname: Mr. Elite.
4. I love frozen chocolate chip cookies.
5. I will never believe you can beat me at golf until we’ve played 36 holes together.
6. Looks like I’m headed to Chicago to practice law. Or at least take the bar.
7. I have hiked the Grand Canyon twice. That’s enough for awhile.
8. I would like to live in a small log cabin in the northern reaches of the Adirondack region, write and hike. For a month a year. That would be cool.
9. I am an unforgiving driver who doesn’t realize his own faults. Follow the rules!
10. I have never broken a bone.
11. It is virtually impossible for me to memorize lyrics. I envy those who can pick up a song after listening to it one or two times.
12. I enjoy driving long distances. Either alone or with someone. It doesn’t matter. I like the feeling of “going somewhere.” I like that I might see something happen that no one else will see. If you ever drive past me, you may see me taking pictures out of my car window.
13. One of my favorite places to be is in an airport before my flight departs. Despite being around thousands of strangers, I feel very alone in airports. Nothing can touch me once I’ve passed through security. At that point in the trip, I can exhale, find a coffee shop and start reading.
14. I need to be more Rhett and less Ashley.
15. I will be happy if I end up practicing law, although I imagine that I will be happier if I can do something more creative. That latter, however, requires an equal amount of effort and dedication as does the former. I realize this. But in three years of law school I’ve been unable to fully kill-off that part of me that wants to explore. For some reason I’ve yet to figure out how to join the two interests – law and everything else – but one day… one day…
16. I have more than a few gray hairs. This is because I worry about things and sweat the small stuff. I have some learning to do.
17. I believe that teachers hold tremendous power and influence. As a graduate student I’ve had my share of good and bad teachers. The good professors captivate me, regardless of the subject. The bad ones can ruin even the most interesting topics. What makes a good teacher and a bad teacher is tough to say.
18. I don’t mind cold weather. I’m a tough guy.
19. I appreciate home more now than before.
20. I eat the ends of french fries and hot dogs now without even thinking about it. For many years I had a strict “no ends” policy.
21. No matter how much I like an apartment when I move in, I end up finding something wrong with it within six months. This makes me wary of buying a house.
22. I have never ridden on a motorcycle or a snowmobile.
23. I would never buy a suit from Banana Republic. I really don’t know why, though. It just seems like an odd place to buy a suit, regardless of the quality.
24. I don’t mind doing dishes. It’s relaxing.
25. I need to find a job! This should be #1.