More like how caffeine works. And you’ll find a much more thorough explanation here, where I read about this. But here is the gist:
- If you have never consumed caffeine before, it will initially increase your focus.
- Saturation of this increase occurs after just two to three weeks of consumption.
- At that point, the caffeine no longer increases your focus. Instead, you need it to reach your normal level of thinking.
- Drinking more coffee will not further increase your focus once you’ve reached the saturation point.
- Merely abstaining for five to ten days will return you to normal levels form saturation levels.