During 2011, Lindsey and I spent at least one night in each of the cities listed below. We hope to travel more in the future, but had the wedding and house purchase to contend with this year – worthwhile events for which to stay put, if you ask me. This was the most amazing year of my life, and will be tough to top going forward. Instead, my focus will be on loving every day I get to spend with Lindsey, enjoying time with both of our families (our united family), and anticipating the big events in others’ lives – marriages, babies, retirements, birthdays, etc. I am happy and can’t help but smile while I write this. I will speak for both of us when I wish everyone the Merriest of Christmases and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
- Traverse City, MI – (Hometown)
- Ishpeming, MI – (Grandma Rogers’)
- Marbella, Spain – (Honeymoon – destination)
- London, England – (Honeymoon – return trip*)
- Chicago, IL – (NFDA Conference)
- Troy, MI – (Christmas shopping and Trans-Siberian Orchestra)
*The night in London was spent sleeping – or trying to sleep – in the baggage claim area of Heathrow Airport. Lindsey slept a little and I did not sleep at all. I paid for it.