About seven inches of snow fell last night, which gave me an opportunity to snow blow this morning. It takes six trips up and down the driveway with the snow blower to clear a path wide enough for a car to pass. Between the clearing of the snow and the salting of the hill, the whole process takes me about 1.25 hours – usually from 6:15am to 7:30am. I thoroughly enjoy doing this – at least so far. Perhaps, because it is so much easier than shoveling the whole darn thing. And there is great satisfaction in seeing the clean-cut walls of snow along the edge of the driveway.
Today marks the end of the first month of 2013, which passed quickly. Where did the time go?
- Ringing in the New Year with the Cherry Ball drop
- Playing ping-pong with Zack Fivenson
- Good news passing of two more Baby Rogers doctors appointments
- Tasty chili at the downtown chili cook-off
- Golden Globe beandip with Mom, Dad, and Katy
- Dinner with the Jeffries
- Dinner and play with Dan and Peg
- Vegan or vegetarian dinner with Katy
- Inauguration of President Obama
- Estate Planning seminar with Dad
- Chamber Dinner
- Lunch with G’ma and G’pa Lanham
On to February, the month of Black history and Valentine’s Day love.